CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Gifts

First off I want to say THANK YOU to all of the extremely generous friends and family that have sent Ryan and I wedding gifts - it is soooooo nice!! We are overwhelmed by every one's generosity and kindness.

I wanted to let everyone know, we are not using the gifts right until after the wedding. I have been asked a few times (mostly by people who I work with since they see all of the boxes coming in) if I have opened the gifts to see what we have received. We are opening them as we receive them but ONLY to write thank you's. I have read in a few places that you should send thank you's within 2 weeks of receiving gifts (this not only will alleviate the amount of thank you's to write at once, but it shows the sender that you have received the gift [it seems like some of the gifts sent are taking anywhere from four days to two weeks to arrive] as well as it shows your gratitude). I have received a couple of strange looks when I told people we have opened the gifts to write thank you's, so I just wanted to clear up in case you have received a thank you from us. We are not using the gifts yet, we just wanted to show you how thankful we are, as well as let you know that we have received your awesome gift. Now I don't know if anyone would have even thought twice about it, but I thought since people around here seemed a little taken back that we would clear it up in case others felt the same way.


Again, RYAN AND I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS!

0 comments: