CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Dress Drama

Of course, what else would I expect... MORE DRESS DRAMA!!

Friday I had an appointment to go in and pick up my dress (which was pushed back by David's Bridal two weeks last minute) at 7pm. I ended up getting there about 6:30 (I was already out and about down that way so I thought I would go in. Mind you, I already called the day before and they said that my dress was ready, which is why I thought it would be okay if I showed up a little earlier. So I walk in the back, where alterations is and no one is back there. They have this room off the side with the sewing machines and such and I hear people in there. I decide to give it a few minutes and wait (I don't want to rush someone if they are in the middle of sewing a dress and can't get up right a way). I wait... Nothing. So finally about 3 minutes after I got there I said, "Excuse me?" An employee came out (who I remember from the first time I was there for the fitting) and asked my name so that she could get me the dress. She got my dress and asked if I wanted to try it on... OF COURSE (I would be worried if people come in and don't try it on, but maybe some people just trust them to do a good job the first time). Okay, now you have to remember I just wanted to have the bust taken in slightly (it fit okay the first time, but I thought I would be more comfortable if it was tighter and I wasn't tugging on it all day). When she fitted me for the tighter bust she said that I needed some bra cups sewn in because, well, I didn't seem to fill out the top as much (surprise, surprise, hehe). Back to the story, so I put on the dress and I walk out of the dressing room. I am looking in the mirrors and no one is around again. I twirl around and check out the dress for probably another 5 minutes and no one comes out. I finally say "____? (the employees name) Could you come out here for a minute?" She came out and asked how I felt about the fit. I pointed to the bust area and showed her how it sort of puckered. I wanted to make sure I wasn't being ultra-critical and just noticing something that no one else would see. She noticed it too and looked back on my ticket to see who the seamstress was. Fortunately (or unfortunately, whichever way you want to look at it) the woman who sewed the dress in the beginning was working that night and would be able to 'help' me. She asked her to come out and I showed her what the problem was. She stated that it could be fixed with a few stitches (there are two layers, and she thought that if she stitched the top layer to the bottom layer when it was taught it would make everything line up). She put a few pins in and I took the dress off. I gave it back to her and she took it in the back to try and fix it real quick. She gave it back and I tried it on again. Same thing... nothing seemed to be different. I came out of the fitting room (getting slightly more irritated since I already had waited an extra 2 weeks and now it looked like it would be even longer to get my dress back). The employee helping me came out and I pointed at the bulge again and told her that it didn't fix it. She stated that maybe my chest was too big, which I stated to her that the bra cups were sewn in because I was not filling it out and if it was to tight because of those we could take them out. She got the seamstress again to come out and look at it. I think she was getting frustrated with me or the dress or was just tired because it was 7pm on a Friday, but whatever the reason she starts getting attitude and saying that there is just too much fabric and there is really nothing she can do about it. She tried to pull it taught again and sew down further (near my belly button) so that maybe it would fix it. She pinned it, I took it off and back to the sewing machine it went. I get it back a third time and it is... yep, you guessed it, STILL DOING IT. I come out of the dressing room and the employee can see on my face that yes it is still doing it and she can tell it is not fixed too (so it isn't just me being anal about it not fitting right). She goes back and gets the seamstress ANOTHER time. This time the seamstress is more upset and keeps saying that there is nothing she can do unless she takes the dress totally apart and starts to take out material in the middle of the chest (at this point I am pretty upset and thinking I BOUGHT THE DRESS FROM YOU, IT ISN'T MY FAULT IT HAS TOO MUCH MATERIAL, IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT DON'T SELL IT IN THE FIRST PLACE). This time she pulls about a half inch of the material up to the top and decides to try and pin it this way. Again, she pins, I take it off, and she sews. By this time I am pretty much just over the whole thing and thinking that I don't care because I will only wear it for a few hours. I get the dress back the fourth time and it is slightly better. I think you can still see it puckering, but at this point I am sick of dealing with it. I come out of the dressing room and the employee tries to comfort me and say it looks much better, but I am so sick of dealing with it that I say something like 'Sure, it's fine' and take it off for the 5th time. So all in all, I have had a pretty bad experience with David's Bridal and will NOT be recommending them to anyone in the future. I had heard a lot of people say that they wouldn't use them but didn't really have good reasons (they are a chain, impersonal sometimes, etc), but now I have some solid facts of why people should not use them... I am hoping that when I try on the dress next time it will fit like a glove, but who knows at this point.

0 comments: