Calling all suggestions :) My mom and I are trying to figure out ways to have a bridal shower. The thing that is hanging us up is the fact that we will be having the shower in Michigan, but I live in California. It is going to be hard to travel back with the gifts or to ship them back. My mom had suggested a "Gift Card Shower", which would be MUCH easier for me to bring across the country with me. Any other ideas out there? Or any wording suggestions on how to put something like that on the invitations?
Thanks in advance for your ideas!!
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Shower Suggestions
Posted by Carlee McDot at 8:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ya, what she said :)
The Mom xoxox
Fit as much as you can in your suitcase and ship the rest UPS.
or
ask people to ship the gifts themselves (If you direct them to your registry in the invitation, they can have it shipped from the website.)
Hmm. It would probably be okay if you put on the invitations something like "Due to the cost of shipping, we are requesting gift cards only" I think most people will understand and if they want to buy you a gift instead - then maybe they could drop you an extra 5.00 or something with the gift for shipping. Not sure how to put ALL that on an invitation - but I think most people will be cool about it :-)
Or you could just move back to Michigan where we can see you all the time ;-)
I would consider requesting cash only.
That way people don't have to go to the store to get the gift card and you won't have to carry the gift cards back.
Come on folks... I think she needs CREATIVE ideas (okay, not that I have any suggestions), but the ones posted so far are kind of... lame... Sorry Carlee... Good luck!
You could put something on there like "Please help out the newlyweds by giving small gifts, gift cards, or have the gift shipped directly to them in California." I don't think you'll offend anyone. People will understand, and the people you're inviting are going to be those that love and care about you anyway. I'm so happy for you too!
Post a Comment